Monday, September 13, 2010

Raised from the ground

Since I am a tall person, working on the ground does not seem too attractive at this stage in my life. I got some 2x4's, 2x2's and due to a lack of anything else I could find in the store, a 5 foot length of rubber mat which I intend to cut up into 2 strips (with lots of replacement material left if need be) in which to hang the canoe frame. Time will tell if my support frames/trestles are sturdy enough, but as long as they serve my project, I am ready for the real work to begin.
Trestles are ready!


The fisrt part of the project will be to restore the bow and stern, as well as getting the outer gunwales made up for installion. The BEFORE pictures:
Close-up on outer gunwale profile, inner gunwale and ribs.  

Stern (and bow) damage and missing decks.

No comments:

Post a Comment